Re: Pango-0.14 released

hi pablo,

Agree with and hold the same opinion as yours. However few issues that i
am running into for the short term (6.5):

A> Dependency of pango on glib1.3.x (Don't know if mozilla is planning to
   move to a developmental version of glib in near future.
B> Need to investigate combining IBM BiDi code (currently in final phases
   of being integrated into mozilla) with pango api.
C> Extra effort in wrapping mozilla rendering attributes with pango
   attributes.

Also, the approach i am considering is to maintain pango as a separate
library, while eliminating gobject (glib1.3 specific i believe) and
PangoFont dependencies. Having said that, there is no doubt whatsoever
that linking in and using the api is the way to go.

with regards,
prabhat.