Re: Pango-0.14 released

Kaixo!

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 05:27:59PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Pango is under the GNU Lesser General Public License. The general intent

> So, code from Pango could not be used in OpenOffice without
> relicensing, because all code in Mozilla needs to be dual-licensed under

> with), and most of the time they are happy to do this. For instance,
> Karl Koehler discussed reusing the Arabic-shaping code in Pango with
> people from the Mozilla team, though I don't think they actaully
> ended up using the code.

I must admit I don't understand why projects like Mozilla would like to
use compiled-in code instead of using libraries that have a good API and
are generally available on platforms where Moizilla is intended to run
(and if that is not the case; wouldn't it makle more sense help porting pango
to those rather than including it inside of Mozilla?).

What would be the advantages for Mozilla to include portions of pango code
instead of just linking with pango lib and doing the approrpiate function
calls?

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga