Re: Bidirectional Bugs in Hebrew (fwd)

Kaixo!

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 09:27:55AM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> From: Jonathan Rosenne <rosenne qsm co il>

> The bidi algorithm is defined at http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr9/
>
> The soft hyphen is not a good idea, because it is supposed to be displayed
> only at a line break.

Mmh.
Then if we can have a neutral hyphen we are in trouble...

> I suggest changing to English for the telephone numbers,
> this is equivalent to using LRE/PDF and supported
> by most bidi software.

But that doesn't solve the problem at all :)
The problem is not when an hyphen/minus is used between numbers (in such
case the LTR order is used anyway, so no need to switch to English);
the problem happens in the other case: when there is an hyphen involved
in a RTL *text* that happens to include some digits (ex: "8-bit" but there
sure can be others)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga