Re: Adding tis620.2533-0 into Thai Pango engine

Chookij Vanatham <chookij vanatham eng sun com> writes:

> Hi Owen,
>
> ]
> ] One possibility is to add a capability to the X/Pango interface
> ] to find out the exact name of the font that is being used, and
> ] then modify the shaping rules based on some list of foundry/family
> ] names.

> Are we going to have this change in X/Pango interface before Gtk1.3.1
> is going to replace Gtk1.2 in GNOME ?

Well, we'll have some solution. (GTK+-1.3 will not replace GTK+-1.2
for GNOME until we release a final GTK+-2.0 and Pango-1.0)

I really dislike this solution because it means putting a whole lot
of special cases into the Thai shaper. With this solution, we
might make all sorts of mistakes way if we don't know about the
fonts in advance, and there would be no way of fixing them without
recompiling Pango. :-(