Re: first time post with some question

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

[stuff deleted]
> What I did was to include a copy of the parts of FriBidi that
> Pango needs in Pango, with some fixes that haven't been applied
> to the original code. You can compile Pango to either use this
> included version, or to use a separate version.
>
> I don't really want to maintain a separate version of this code -
> I certainly plan on sending any changes I make to the version
> of Pango back to Dov. I exchanged a couple of mails with Dov a few
> months ago and he indicated that he didn't have much time to
> work on FriBidi these days, but was planning to make an updated
> release.
>
> Omer Zak <omerz actcom co il> has also been compiling his own
> version of FriBidi with various improvements.

I actually released a new version of FriBidi (fribidi-0.1.15) last
week where I applied several patches from Omer Zeek, and also one from
Owen, that I had somehow missed. Currently I know of no patches that
have not been applied. But of course there still is functionality to
be added (RL|LR){O,E} etc. It turns out that is not that easy, as I
have done some shortcuts in fribidi that do not seem to be applicable
once the explicit embeddings are included. I wish I had more time to
do it. I would happily include contributions frome somebody else who
has got more time than me. 8-)

Dov