Re: Editing and formatting characters

Kaixo!

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 01:41:41PM -0800, Brian Stell wrote:

> > Think as it the same way as using bold, italics, font family, size, etc
> > in a word processor. Do you think users of word processors would like to have
>
> I think it is a good observation to say that this is very similar to using
> bold/italic/font in a word processor. I experinece is that word
> processors that supported this kind of feature have:
>
>     buttons to select / de-select these attributes
>
>     a "show formating / invisible characters" option

yes, the show/invisible should be provided in all text editors (intended
to type real texts, not only ascii)

> In the cases where these features were missing I always ended up seeing
> the formating characters; eg: no formatting buttons implied show formating
> info.

Never set a worprocessor to "fullscreen" ?
The buttons can not be there; but I agree that there should be some way
to activate/deactivate it (a global key combinaison or something like that)

> With out "formatting buttons" or "show invisible characters", how will the
> user be able to understand and control these invisible characters?

The idea is to make it good enough that it could be used without understanding
it.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga