Re: Industry Thai Cell-Clustering Rules

Kaixo!

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 11:14:07AM -0800, Chookij Vanatham wrote:

> ] However, now I'm thinking how the Thai shaping method can be extended to
> ] other languages, such as Lao, as planned. Do you think it's generalized
> ] enough?
> For Lao, I think it's generalized enough.

Not that much. Thai and Lao are the two only I know.
Khmer seems to use same logic as indic scripts (that is, phonetic based,
not glyph based).

The 8 bit encoding for Tamil TSCII-0 is also glyph based; however, the
Tamil script in Unicode is phonetic based (as all others defined by ISCII
standard) so, as Pango uses utf-8, it isn't a concern.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975