Re: Industry Thai Cell-Clustering Rules

Hi K.Theppitak,

] Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:27:10 +0700
] From: Theppitak Karoonboonayanan <thep links nectec or th>
]
] However, now I'm thinking how the Thai shaping method can be extended to
] other languages, such as Lao, as planned. Do you think it's generalized
] enough?
For Lao, I think it's generalized enough.

]
] I'm thinking of TeX's "virtual font" technique. TeX virtual font can store
] LIGKERN rules for composing ligatures. And it has been proved applicable
] to Thai shaping (without WTT clustering).
Not quite sure if I understand this technique enough but, just make sure
that cell-clustering shouldn't depend on this shaping "virtual font" technique.
Right ? :)

Chookij V.

]
] -Theppitak.