Re: Industry Thai Cell-Clustering Rules

Chookij Vanatham <chookij vanatham eng sun com> writes:

> This alternative is ok for me too.
> Then, user_asked_for_wtt2_on_all_thai_fonts(), would be something,
> may be, checking form Environment Variable, like, WTT_CELL_CLUSTERING, etc.
>
> % setenv WTT_CELL_CLUSTERING True
>
> Then, Thai pango engine will be able to pick up use_wtt2().
>
> I think, this is the good option too.
>

> ] To put it bluntly, that is mad.
>
> Well!!!, let me make sure that this isn't my idea to have it
> at the beginning. :)

I suggested it because I misunderstood what you were talking
about by cell clustering rules.

I thought that the topic under discussion was further variations
within each encoding - like where combining glyphs were located
relative to the origin.

(I also thought that there was the suggestion to detect Solaris fonts
by looking at the foundry/family and use wtt clustering rules
for them, but probably I just misunderstood that as well.)

So, I'll take the blame for mad suggestions, but blame it on
confusion :-)