Re: Adding tis620.2533-0 into Thai Pango engine

K.Theppitak,

]
] Dear K.Chookij,
]
] IMO, the code point assignments of both Windows and Solaris extensions are
] not different in the shaper engine's point of view. The difference is only
] the U+F71B glyph shape, not the different code tables as in the case of
] tis620-0, tis620-1 and tis620-2.
]
] So, I don't think tis620-3 is necessary here.
I think this is the good reason as well and I agree.

]
] However, let me guess that you mean to choose to handle tis620-3 with
] Wtt2.0 cell clustering engine. (Please excuse me if I'm wrong.)  But I
] think Wtt2.0 can be applied to other tis620 encodings as well.
This is correct and that's why I have been trying to point out and hopefully,
there is the flexibility in Pango engine design to have different rules of
cell-clustering for the same font (charset-name) but seems to be that,
it's not important issues to anybody. Unless, someone can tell me that,
we can have this capability and they need to ship out their own Thai Pango
engine to satify their own need. If that's the case, we wouldn't need
to worry about this. Or, any other ideas are wellcome but making sure that
don't force users to use what we provide but, at least, give the options
to them.

]
] It should be nice if there is a way for users to choose their preferred
] shaping engine. Otherwise, just choose the best one for them.
Again, providing open options as much as they should be, is the most
important things to users.

Chookij V.

]
] -Theppitak.