Re: Pango Status Report, 25 April 2000

Kaixo!

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 11:20:47PM -0400, swapan@lycosmail.com wrote:

>>  Robert Brady has contributed a shaper for Devanagari.
>
> Looking out to test the devanagari stuff but could not get to display
> the Hindi part in HELLO.utf8 Where can I get iso10646-dev encoded font file

An *-iso1064-dev and a *-tscii-0 (for tamil) are included in pango sources;
on the fonts/ directory.

> (I think the module looks up for this encoding) ?
> I have some devanagari fonts but they are either iso8849 or iso10646
> and produces blanks.

You mean *-iso10646-0 ? Try maybe creating an alias (in fonts.alias file)
to have the *-iso10646-dev point to *-iso10646-0

I didin't knew iso8849; can you tell me more about that ?

Also, I have here a devanagari font of encoding *-is13194-devanagari
(it was included in a set of GNU fonts for MULE)

Maybe support for it should be added to the devanagari engine.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.ping.be/~pin19314/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975