Thoughts and questions about input

Sorry.  Following my explanation was wrong.

NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
 > For Japanese environment, it's global to the desktop (both of Mac and
 > Windows).

It's _application_ local.  There is global toolbox (in Windows) or
pull-down menu entry (in Mac case) to control input method, I
misunderstood by that.  (I don't use Windows or Mac usually.)

Owen Taylor wrote:
 > Is the dial setting window modal?
 >
 > If it is non-modal, what happens if you change the focus to another
 > window? Does it stay in preedit mode?

I've checked and find it's actually application local.  Note that it's
not window local.  For example, having two (or more) windows for
Netscape and changing input method, we can't use two different input
methods for each window.

The state of global toolbox changes with the window focus.

Sorry for the confusion.