fonts in pango

Hi,
    I am working on a small text editor that uses the
new gtk with the pango support. I have seen the
testtext source and the GtkTextBuffer and tested it,it
works fine. the problem that when i try to change the
font. I've tried loading gdkfont and it didn't change.
then i tried putting pango context on the GDK_DIPLAY
and specifing a new font and it didn't work.

 One other thing, i have to arabic fonts and i have
put there aliases in the pangox_aliases. when i run
testtext it always chose the first font no matter what
i try.