Re: XIM application frozen on gtk+1.3.*

tajima wrote:

> I meant "XIM dmoules" as "XIM server modules" like Kinput2, Atok, Wnn, vje
> for Japanese, ami for Korean, and xcin for Chinese, and said that not all of
> them are supporting on-the-spot.

I believe kinput2 supports on-the-spot now. Wnn isn't an XIM server. Ami and xcin
aim have on-the-spot support on their todo lists. I don't know the others.

> I'm also hoping that all text input handling modules in gtk+/gnome would
> implement on-the-spot according to the new IM Framework, and this should
> be on the TODO list. As Owen said, it would to give good pressure to XIM
> server developers to have on-the-spot.

They don't need any pressure - just time. One pain I found when experimenting with
the addition of on-the-spot support to xcin, last year, was the lack of apps which
actually worked properly in on-the-spot mode, for testing the XIM server code.
Maybe its one of those chicken and egg problems.

The lack of on-the-spot support in XIM servers is a non-problem in the same way
that lack of effective i18n support in GTK+ is a non-problem - just be patient, and
it will go away!

Regards,
Steve