Re: XIM application frozen on gtk+1.3.*

(stuff deleted)
>> > Another reason is that there are still many XIM modules which don't support
>> > on-the-spot. Fallback to Root-Window mode can be a workaround, but
>> > not all user will like it.
>
>All XIM modules will implement on-the-spot. Its just a metter of time. I cannot
>imagine an XIM modules where this is not implemented and not on the TODO list.
>Making plans to work around the lack of on-the-spot is just wasting time. By
the
>time you have implemented a workaround, I think all the popular input packages
>will support on-the-spot, and those that don't will be abandonware.

I meant "XIM dmoules" as "XIM server modules" like Kinput2, Atok, Wnn, vje
for Japanese, ami for Korean, and xcin for Chinese, and said that not all of
them are supporting on-the-spot.

I'm also hoping that all text input handling modules in gtk+/gnome would
implement on-the-spot according to the new IM Framework, and this should
be on the TODO list. As Owen said, it would to give good pressure to XIM
server developers to have on-the-spot.

-toshi