Re: UTF-8?

On Sun, Jan 10, 1999 at 06:08:26PM +0300, Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> >
> > Let me rephrase my question, is there a more or less documented (or reliable)
> > way for writing a function that would display the text in UTF-8?
[ nice code deleted ]

Looks like I was not clear enough.  My desire is to take an UTF8 encoded
string and display it in a X window (in a gtk window in our case :).  I
was wondering whether anybody has implemented something alike?  I do want
to be able to draw an arbitrary UTF8 encoded text...

> but just to decode utf8 text you can use mmencode.

I prefer 2UTF package. :)

--
Mike