Re: Is the list widget supporting Japanese ?

In article <36931C60.F9AD441@borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp>
borco@borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp writes:

>Hi,
>
>I've just discovered that, while the label and the button are handling
>correct the Japanese language, the list widget does no conversion but
>display only garbage.
>
>Is the list widget realy supporting Japanese ? Do I need to do something
>special for the list widget ?

I believe that the list widget can handle Japanese correctly. Actually
it works fine on my system without doing special. Conceivably your source
code is accidentally in wrong encoding (e.g., iso-2022-jp or shift-jis),
or you may have forgotten to set a fontset for the list widget.

Akira Higuchi
Dept. of Mathematics, Hokkaido Univ.
Hokkaido, Japan
Email: a-higuti@math.sci.hokudai.ac.jp