Re: How do I control the language used by gtk ?

In article <36908813.7A12C79D@borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp>
borco@borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp writes:

>Everything is OK with the fontset but I have a problem now: the gtk load
>file dialog is displayed now with Japanese text. How do I force it to
>use English text ? How do I prevent other applications using Japanese
>for messages, etc. ? How do I set locale at running time ?
>setlocale(LC_ALL,"ja_JP.ujis") doesn't work correctly :-(

Because the stable version of glibc2.0 have no support for Japanese
locales, you need to install multibyte-enabled version of glibc.
The following pages may help you:

http://www.debian.or.jp/Packages/stable/base/libc6.html.en
http://www.debian.or.jp/Packages/stable/libs/wcsmbs-locale.html.en

Akira Higuchi