Re: [autotools] gtk-doc.m4 - cross compile support

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 18:50, Alon Bar-Lev via gtk-doc-list
<gtk-doc-list gnome org> wrote:
What do you think the best way to support cross compile?

I'm not an expert at all, but my understanding is that gtk-doc can't
really work properly in a cross compiler.

It needs to read the gir file for a project, and the gir file is made
by both scanning source code and doing run-time introspection. Source
code scans are obviously fine, but run time introspection won't work.

Rather than trying to generate docs in the target, I build my docs in
the host and copy the formatted output over.

John