private, protected and public scope

hi,

gtkdoc supports scope comments (/*< private >*/) in structs (and now enums too)
to tailor what needs to be documented and what should appear in the docs. In the
past days I did a large refactoring to better track missing and unused
field/member/value docs. Now I found some examples that use "/*< protected >*/
to mark up some content as public for subclasses. What do we do with that in the
docs? Right now it is treated like private (and thus hidden). In the cases where
I found it, the fields where documented and thus one now gets warnings about
unused doc-strings.

Any opinions?

Stefan