Re: gtk-doc confused about symbols

Forgot to Cc the list?

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 04:31:31PM +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
> I would love to just apply this. In the past people have wanted gtk-doc
> to still accept all kind of broken syntax.

That's why I was very conservative, I did not evne actually add the
colon requirement, just required that the regexp matched the complete
line.  That is

/**
 * Blah

will still match but at least

/**
 * Blah blah blah

will not.

Regarding the warnings, ignoring a malformed documentation comment means
missing documentation which will be reported (that is, once we fix the
undocumented symbol checks).  If anyone cares at least a little bit
this can be easily noticed.  If no one cares, I am not sure gtk-doc
should really care.

The sad truth is that warnings are ignored as long as the tool produces
the expected output.

Yeti