Re: Problem about secondly run "gtkdoc-mkdb"

cee1 schrieb:
> 2009/8/2 Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de>
>> hi,
>> cee1 schrieb:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I'm using gtk-doc(1.11) to manager documents of my small project. I
>>> encounter some problems like: "../xml/foo.xml:161: parser error : Entity
>>> 'ast' not defined", when secondly running gtk-doc.
>>> The steps are:
>>> 1) gtkdoc-scan --module=foo --source-dir=../../foo --ignore-headers="a.h
>>> b.h"
>>> 2) gtkdoc-mkdb --module=foo --source-dir=../../foo --output-format=xml
>>> --expand-content-files="" --main-sgml-file=foo-docs.sgml --sgml-mode
>>> --output-format=xml --ignore-files="a.c b.h"
>> Are you using the normal gtkdoc.make included in your makefile?
> Yes.
>>> I find in the second time, gtkdoc-mkdb generates XML files missing the
>>> following:
>>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>>> <!DOCTYPE refentry PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
>>>                "";>
>> The doctype is copied if the foo-docs.sgml or foo-docs.xml main document
>> has it.
>> Is the project publicly available somewhere?
> If the foo-docs.sgml already exists, rerunning gtkdoc-mkdb will generate
> doctype-missing XML files, hence cause the "../xml/foo.xml:161: parser error
> : Entity 'ast' not defined".

How come it does not exist earlier? gtkdoc creates a template on the very first
run, but you need to edit that to suit you and add it to your version control

Could you also try with gtk-doc from - I'd like to release 1.12 in
september, would be good to see if its already fixed? Unfortunately I'll be on
vacation starting from tomorrow, so I won't be able to reply in august anymore.
Hopefully someone else on the list can help.