Re: gtk-doc and gobject-introspection

Hi,

Michael Lawrence wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have any comments about the gobject-introspection notes I
> made on the GtkDocFuture page on gnome live? Someone mentioned that it
> would be easy to add that to gtk-doc. Would it be worth it for me to
> submit a patch?

You talk about the new doc tags described at the bottom of?
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/GtkDocFuture

While I like the idea of having more expressive power in the docs (which also
supports authors to documents all aspects of the interface), I am a bit
reluctant to add those right now. Unfortunately the gtkdoc syntax is not that
extensible. Did I understood you proposal correct that you'd like to write:

/**
 * xxx_foo_new:
 * bar(null-ok): parent instance
 * init_data(null-ok)(caller-owns): initial data set
 *
 * Create new instace of foo and set initial parameters.
 *
 * Returns(null-ok): new foo instance
 */

It would be good to have an example there. Then also it might be good to work
more on the gtk-doc refactoring first before adding new keywords.

> Thanks,
> Michael Lawrence

Ciao
  Stefan