Re: gtk-doc 1.9 issues

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 07:56:01PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> I just tried to push 1.9 into Fedora, but it didn't work out, since
> make install installs the docs into /usr/share/doc/gtk-doc/, not
> /usr/share/gnome/help, where they belong.
>
> I do remember fixing the same bug in the past, but the fix seems to
> have been reverted...

The culprit is

  http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gtk-doc/trunk/xmldocs.make?r1=388&r2=413

which changed the installations directories from $(gtkdochelpdir)
to $(docdir).

However, the new version matches exactly the current
gnome-common's of xmldocs.make:

  http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-common/trunk/doc-build/xmldocs.make?revision=3486&view=markup

So, whose mistake it is?  And this is not a rhetorical
question, I can tell what some code does, but not what it
was supposed to do.

docdir is set to the correct value in the Makefile snippet

  docdir = $(datadir)/gnome/help/$(docname)/$(lang)

and if some packaging magic overrides docdir...

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/