problems with deprecation of struct members

I am having issues getting gtk-doc 1.9 to produce complete gtk+ docs for me.
The 2.12.2 release I did yesterday contains a pretty incomplete set of gtk docs,
unfortunately.

The issue seems to be this field in the _GtkToolbar struct:

#ifndef GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
  GtkTooltips     *tooltips;
#else
  gpointer        _tooltips;
#endif

When I have that in the headers, I get the following from gtkdoc-scan:

Cannot parse structure field "}" in struct _GtkToolbar

After patching the message to dump out the whole $declaration as well,
I get:

{
  gint             num_children;
  GList           *children;
  GtkOrientation   orientation;
  GtkToolbarStyle  style;
  GtkIconSize      icon_size;

#ifndef GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
  GtkTooltips     *tooltips;
#else
  gpointer        _tooltips;
#endif
};

Notice how it thinks the struct ends after the ifdef, when in fact it doesn't.

I first thought this was due to the #else, but when I replace it with

#ifndef GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
  GtkTooltips     *tooltips;
#endif

I still get the same error.

I'd like to build a 2.12.3 with complete docs, but I need to have a gtk-doc fix
before I can do so....

Matthias