weird HTML generation problem

Hi,

I hit a very weird HTML generation problem.

If I check out the gtk-doc svn trunk, configure it with
--prefix=/home/yeti/opt/gtk-doc, install and build my
documentation against it, the HTML gets completely garbled
(example below), parameter lists are strangely duplicated in
the description bodies.

First I was thinking there is some bad interaction with
another gtk-doc installation or somehow incompatible DocBook
XSL stylesheets.  So I ensured there is no other gtk-doc
installation on that machine.  I also removed all files from
/home/yeti/opt/gtk-doc except

  gtk-doc.xsl
  devhelp.xsl
  devhelp2.xsl
  version-grater-or-equal.xsl

and ran xslproc directly on a very simple document extracted
from my documentation:

  rm -rf html
  mkdir html
  cd html && \
      xsltproc --nonet --xinclude \
               --stringparam gtkdoc.bookname $(DOC_MODULE) \
               --stringparam gtkdoc.version "1.8" \
               $(STYLESHEET) ../$(DOC_MAIN_SGML_FILE)

where $(STYLESHEET) points to gtk-doc.xsl.  The setup can be
found at

  http://hydra.physics.muni.cz/~yeti/tmp/check-xsl.tar.bz2

Output is still garbled.  However, after some more
experimenting I noticed that moving exactly the same files
into another directory can result in correctly built
documentation.

The problem seem to depend on the path length.  Moving
/home/yeti/opt/gtk-doc to

  /home/yeti/opt/a1234
  gives (good)
  http://hydra.physics.muni.cz/~yeti/tmp/gwyrgba-good.html

whereas moving it to

  /home/yeti/opt/a12345
  gives (bad)
  http://hydra.physics.muni.cz/~yeti/tmp/gwyrgba-bad.html

Has anyone have any idea what the hell is going on here?

I observe this problem on Ubuntu 6.10 (edgy), i.e.

  docbook-xsl-1.68.1.dfsg.1-0.2
  xsltproc-1.1.17-2build1

I do not observe it on Fedora 7 (at least not with the same
paths).

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/