Re: hiding GObject properties

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 23:26 -0500, Philip Kovacs wrote:
> Is there a way to hide one or more GObject properties from being
> output in the docs when you have your GObject's _get_type listed
> in the .types file?  I want to see the object heirarchy and interface
> information, but some of the properties I want to omit.
>
> I tried adding entries of the form:
>
> <SUBSECTION Private>
> MyObject:property
>
> to the -sections.txt file, but the mktmpl just complains about a missing
> declaration and property is still output:

There is no way to do that at present.

I think the best way to do it would be to mark the object properties as
private using the stability setting, e.g.

/**
 * Object:property:
 *
 * Description of property.
 *
 * Stability: Private
 */

Then in gtkdoc-mkdb.in in GetArgs() check if the stability level of each
property is Private and skip it if it is. It should be fairly easy to
do.

Damon