hiding GObject properties

Is there a way to hide one or more GObject properties from being
output in the docs when you have your GObject's _get_type listed
in the .types file?  I want to see the object heirarchy and interface
information, but some of the properties I want to omit.

I tried adding entries of the form:

<SUBSECTION Private>
MyObject:property

to the -sections.txt file, but the mktmpl just complains about a missing
declaration and property is still output:

WARNING: No declaration found for: MyObject:property

There is no place to declare the property is the .h file!

I am using gtk-doc 1.7.

Thanks.

Phil