Re: new gtk-doc release

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 11:29 +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 11:16 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> > > I just did a new release, 1.4 (since I think the latest GTK+ depends on
> > > a new gtk-doc).
> > >
> > > I forgot to update NEWS though. Oops.
> >
> > Don't put --only-section-tmpl into NEWS if you do update it ... it
> > doesn't work :-(
>
> I'd guess this is because MergeSourceDocumentation() in gtkdoc-mkdb.pl
> uses the parameter names and order found in the templates.
>
> You may just need to copy the parameter info from the sources over, as
> we already do for signals. (Just a guess.)
>
>    if (!defined ($tmpl_params)) {
>        #print "No merge for $symbol\n";
> +      $SymbolParams{$symbol} = $SourceSymbolParams{$symbol}
>        next;
>    }

That's probably part of the fix: it isn't the whole fix because
MergeSourceDocumentation isn't even called for symbols unless they are
found in the template files, at the moment. I have a patch around
that changes MergeSourceDocumentation to take the symbol as a parameter
and then call for each symbol when when reading the symbol file, rather
than the current

    foreach $symbol (keys (%SymbolDocs)) {

But that didn't quite get everything working.

Regards,
						Owen

Regards,
						Owen