Re: new gtk-doc release

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 09:05 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Owen Taylor wrote:

> >>I just did a new release, 1.4 (since I think the latest GTK+ depends on
> >>a new gtk-doc).
> >>
> >>I forgot to update NEWS though. Oops.
> >

> > Don't put --only-section-tmpl into NEWS if you do update it ... it
> > doesn't work :-(
> >
> ??? I don't get it (joking?)

I mean:

2005-05-10  Owen Taylor  <otaylor redhat com>

        * gtkdoc-mktmpl.in (OutputTemplateFile): Add an
        --only-section-tmpl flag so that projects that keep everything
        but section descriptions inline can avoid cvs conflicts.

Doesn't work, so shouldn't be mentioned as a new feature in 1.4... what
I tested was that the template files contained the right stuff ...
section headers but no symbol docs.

What I didn't test was that the generated doc-book was correct...
it wasn't: gtkdoc-mkdb uses various structures generated when reading
the the section templates to build the docs.

It's very much fixable, but wasn't trivial ... I spent 30 minutes or
so on it and then gave up. (The immediate task at hand then was to
fix the Cairo docs, which I ended up doing by removing
--only-section-tmpl.)

Regards,
						Owen