Re: Interface Stability (was Re: xxx-undocumented.txt)

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 12:06 -0600, Brian Cameron wrote:
> However, I worry that simply making the default "Stable" and not
> printing out any output for the default will discourage its use and
> undermine its usefulness.  Can't we think of an approach that
> makes the documentation a bit easier without undermining the feature?

Maybe let the developer be able to specify the default stability: via a
command-line flag, or at the top of each source file, etc. Such as:

	gtk$ gtkdoc-mkdb --default-stability=Stable ...

	libwnck$ gtkdoc-mkdb --default-stability=Private

And if the developer doesn't bother, go with Undefined.

Peter

--
Peter Williams                          peter newton cx

"[Ninjas] are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet."
                              -- REAL Ultimate Power