gtk-doc 1.4 changes

hi all,

I volunteer to dedicate the next weekend to do some gtk-doc patches. Please
comment on the suggestions:

1.) currently <INCLUDE> in sections.txt automatically adds '<>' around the
include file name. I would like to change the behaviou that it does *not* do
this, when the include file name is enclosed in '""'.
I need this when documenting the object classes of an application. These
includes don't get installed and are included as e.g. #include "bt-edit.h"

2.) add symbols where members are undocumented to the undocumented file.

3.) try to see if I can detect undocumented short and long descriptions. I would
like to see those listed in the undocumented file as well.

4.) a major point on my list is to add the possibillity to get rid of the
template files. I would really like to add  short and longs descriptions in the
sources. I do gtk-doc cleanup for gstreamer and there I learned - core
developers edit code, but not template files :(.
I repeat the thoughts here:
We need a syntax for gtk-doc that it can detect that a comment is for the short
and long-desc. Further Brian expressed the wish to specify things like an
#define describing an envvar.
So we need either a prefix and a delimiter
 * ENVVAR=DISPLAY_ENV_VAR:
 * SHORT_DESC=CLASSNAME:
or something that uses a prefix like
 * DISPLAY_ENV_VAR.ENVVAR:
 * CLASSNAME.SHORT_DESC:
or a new keyword like
 * DISPLAY_ENV_VAR:
 * Type: Envvar

 * Classname:
 * Type: ShortDescription

Any comments?

Stefan
PS.: I'll be away for the next two days, but will answer on friday.
--
http://www.buzztard.org