Re: useless <link> elements

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 08:49, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:20:58AM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > The generated html for the GTK+ docs grows with each release - and
> > 30%-50% of each page seem to be filled with <link rel="..."> elements in
> > the <head> element. I can see that rel="home", rel="up", maybe even
> > rel="chapter" and rel="section" can be useful, but why do we need tons
> > of <link rel="refentry" > elements ? Mozilla shows them in a huge
> > scrolling menu, which is not really useful.
> >
> > Therefore I would like to propose getting rid of the rel="refentry"
> > links.
> I seen no harm in removing those links, so you are welcome to go ahead.

I agree. They aren't in the GTK+ 2.2.4 release so it sounds like a
recent change has caused it.

> Cheers
> Geert Stappers
> who his opinion is that this project, gtk-doc, needs more communication.

It isn't being developed much now, and I don't think there are any major
problems with it. Just the odd C parsing & building problem.

I don't think any of us really want to spend much time on it.
It would need a new maintainer for any major things to happen.

Damon