format fof varlistentries

hi hi,

I just had a small discussion with Norman Walsh and he gave me some ideas of how
to improve the rendering of gtk-docs html output.
Please look at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-String-Utility-Functions.html#g-strerror
and make your browser window really narrow.
Between the word 'Returns' and the ':' is a colon and the causes the browser to
break here. Norman sugested to use a nonbreaking space ( ) here or to use a
css-rule "span.term { white-space: nowrap; }" to achive it.

Another thing is that devhelp uses gtkhtml and that seems to ignore that
varlistterms are top aligned. Any ideas how to fix that. When manually editing
the html and addign valign="top" to the surrounding td tag it looks good. So the
question is can we get the docbook stylesheet to do that or can we get gtkhtml
to support the 'vertical-align: top' css rule. (does gtkhtml understand css at
all?).

Ciao
  Stefan
--
      \|/            Stefan Kost
     <@ @>           private            business
|       __  Address  Simildenstr. 5     HTWK Leipzig, Fb IMN, Postfach 301166
|      ///           04277 Leipzig      04251 Leipzig
| __  ///            Germany            Germany
| \\\///    Phone    +49341 2253538     +49341 30766101
|  \__/     EMail    st_kost_at_gmx.net kost_at_imn.htwk-leipzig.de
|           WWW      www.sonicpulse.de  www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~kost/about.html
===-=-=--=---=---------------------------------- - - -  -    -
begin:vcard
fn:Stefan Kost
n:Kost;Stefan
org:HTWK Leipzig;FB. IMN
adr:;;Postfach 301166;Leipzig;;04251;Germany
email;internet:kost imn htwk-leipzig de
title:Dipl. Informatiker
tel;work:+49341 30766440
tel;home:+49341 2253538