Re: Object hierarchy generation problems

Am Fr, den 17.10.2003 schrieb Robert Varga um 00:42:
> Hello
> I have sent an e-mail from another address that is not subscribed to this list;
> that one is waiting for moderator review. It can be safely deleted. Here is the
> contents.
>

> I have set up gtk-doc version 0.10-4 (RedHat 9) for generating the
> documentation for conglomerate (www.conglomerate.org).
> The problem is that i don't get the GObject hierarchy in each of the
> html files. I get $(DOC_MODULE).hierarchy though. These objects are not
> even declared in the template files. I've looked into the gtk sources
> and the objects are declared in somewhat different way there.

Are the objects listed in the $MODULE-sections.txt file ? If yes, is the
name of the file for the section the lowercase form of the object name ?
cvs gtk-doc might handle it better if this is not the case, 0.10 is a
bit old.

Here is a working example:

<SECTION>
<FILE>gtypeplugin</FILE>
<TITLE>GTypePlugin</TITLE>
GTypePlugin
GTypePluginClass

> Another problem is that gtk-doc can't parse function arguments or
> returns that are declared enum.

The standard answer to this is "gtk-doc is just an extended perl hack,
not a C parser". But if you show us some examples of misparsed function
prototypes, then somebody may be able to extend the hack...

Matthias