Re: Filling in refpurpose for header files, driver modification

On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 20:00, Christian Kreibich wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I've just started playing around with gtkdoc a few days ago after
> basically using the scripts the linux kernel folks are using for a
> while. I have two questions, my apologies if I'm posting to the wrong
> forum or have missed the answers in the archives.
>
> - I have gtkdoc(-scan) scanning my header files just fine. However in
> the resulting html I get TOC entries followed by "--" and whitespace,
> because in the sgml output, <refpurpose> isn't filled in.
>
> How can I add comments to my header files so that their content
appears
> in that tag?

Currently I think it only looks for the section descriptions in the tmpl
files, not in the source code.

The template files in tmpl/ look like this:

<!-- ##### SECTION Title ##### -->
GtkButton

<!-- ##### SECTION Short_Description ##### -->
A widget that creates a signal when clicked on.

<!-- ##### SECTION Long_Description ##### -->
<para>
The #GtkButton widget is generally used to attach a function to that
is called when the button is pressed.  The various signals and how to
use
them are outlined below.
</para>

The Short_Description is the one that goes in the TOC.

> - I've started to modify gtk-doc.dsl a bit to make the output suit my
> preferences. It appears there is no way to pass an alternative driver
> gtkdoc-mkhtml. If I decide to call jade and sed myself with the
> appropriate parameters, will this have any copyright implications?

I don't think so. What sort of implications were you thinking of?

Damon