Re: unable to have correct signal prototype in documentation.

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 10:27, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > >Ok, I'm seeing that code now. I was mislead by lookup_signal_arg_names.
> > >Is that just left in there to get better arg names for the gtk signals
> ?
> > >

> > The signal system does not record the argument names (just types), which
>
> > is why that function exists.
>
> But that function returns argument names *and* types; I think it would
> be nicer to specify only the names in an external file, to make gtk-doc
> a bit less gtk-biased.

Yes, I was thinking about this issue a few weeks back. (It affects Glade
as well, as Glade likes to output decent names for signal arguments.)

In GTK+ 1.2 we didn't have types for everything, so a lot of arguments
would have just been output as 'gpointer' or something similar. That's
why I added the types. But we shouldn't need them for 2.0.

Damon