Re: problem with gtk-docs being corrupt

Brian Cameron wrote:

I found gtk-doc 0.10 which I found here:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gtk-doc/

Yes, this does fix our corrupted character problem, and the text
generally looks much nicer.  The look & feel of the new pages seem
to be better, with one nasty exception.

It seems that the Synopsis sections are much harder to read. Using gtk-doc version 0.6 the synopsis section showed one functions nicely
separated with each function on its own line, like this:

---
void        gtk_preview_uninit              (void);
GtkWidget*  gtk_preview_new                 (GtkPreviewType type);
void        gtk_preview_size                (GtkPreview *preview,
                                             gint width,
                                             gint height);
---

With 0.10 they are all jumbled together on the same line, much like as seen
on gtk.org, like on this page:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Drag-and-Drop.html

I think the old style for Synopsis was nicer/cleaner.  Why the change?
Is it possible to get the old style for Synopsis and use 0.10?  Or is
it easy to hack gtk-doc 0.6 to just not have the nasty characters?
The layout of the synopsis at the top of that page looks essentially the same as it always has. What web browser are you using?

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.