Re: XML DocBook patch

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 14:51, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I think maintaining straight HTML ouput is important for things like having the
> docs on a web page.
>
> And I don't think we can really just install the raw XML docbook and have the
> conversion done on the fly ... if we did that, we'd have no way of resolving
> references like #gint, since we wouldn't know what document they point into.

Since Gnome apps just install XML now, I'd have thought that was the
main goal for devel docs as well. Either through XML link hackery or
XSLT hackery.

Of course, being able to produce nice HTML tarballs is also necessary
for GTK+ (for Win32 etc.), and handy for Gnome docs.

Damon

(I did have a quick look at this, but didn't really figure out the
overall picture of how yelp displays docs, how it uses stylesheets etc.)