Re: Allowing docbook markup in inline docs (2)

On Fri, 2001-09-28 at 03:15, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > Something other than /*** might be good, maybe /** SGML
> >

> Well, I was looking for something unintrusive, since I would expect the
> "SGML mode" to be
> the default for new entries. Your proposal has one advantage over mine:
> older versions of
> gtk-doc will still recognize the SGML mode doc comments and try to handle
> them as good as
> they can (currently '/** ' triggers the start of a doc comment, thus '/***'
> comments will be
> ignored by older versions of gtk-doc).
>
> But I'm open for other proposals.

Looking back, I think that converting '&', '<' and '>' to &amp; etc.
in the inline comments was a mistake. I only originally did it to
get the inline gnome-libs docs working (as it says in a comment
somewhere).

I'd rather we added a --sgml-inline option to gtkdoc-mkdb,
which turned this off for the entire module. And we'd encourage
people to migrate to that.

Damon