Re: Sorry beginner. How simply draw RGB buffer

(Note that this list is for discussing gtk-doc and documenting GTK+.
You should post questions like this to gtk-list.)

Zbigniew Wasik wrote:

> Hej!!!
>
> I have started programming using GDK, GTK, Gnome libraries 2 weeks ago.
> After 2 days looking in documentation on WWW pages
> (http://www.gtk.org/rdp/index.html and others) I am surely lost.
>
>  I have RGB buffer (unsigned char *) from camera and I still dont know hot to
> display it in the GtkPreview. Or maybe I should use better Widget.
>
> Please help, because I dont know how to make it ( lost reading about widgets:
> Visual, Pixmap, Window, Drawable, ...)
> I guess it is very easy but .....

You could use GdkRGB to draw on a GtkDrawingArea:

   http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gdk/gdk-gdkrgb.html

> Ps.  What I have to do to refresh dialog, when I change a visible (or
> sensitive) flag for a Label or Button. It works only when I will move the
> cursor over the button or label.

You shouldn't have to do anything. It should refresh itself.

Damon