New setup procedure/docs

I just committed my stuff to make it easier to setup apps/libs
to use gtk-doc, and updated the README and doc/setting-up.txt.
Oh, and I removed quite a bit of out-of-date stuff.

Hopefully I haven't messed it up as per usual.

I copied the configure.in/Makefile.am stuff from GTK+ and put
it in the examples directory. I had to change a few bits in the
Makefile.am:

 1) Since MODULE-overrides.txt isn't always used in a module,
    I turned it into an optional variable, i.e.

     # If you need to override some of the declarations, place them in this file
     # and uncomment this line.
     #DOC_OVERRIDES = $(DOC_MODULE)-overrides.txt

    Then I used $(DOC_OVERRIDES) in the generic code. Otherwise make
    complained about not being able to find it for tmpl-build.stamp.

 2) In the sgml-build.stamp: rule I changed $(srcdir)/tmpl/*.sgml
    to $(wildcard (srcdir)/tmpl/*.sgml). Otherwise the first time you
    run make it complains about not being able to find $(srcdir)/tmpl/*.sgml
    (if there are no matching files make stupidly returns the expression)
    I hope the wildcard function is portable.

Damon