Re: srcdir != builddir problems?

Damon Chaplin <damon ximian com> writes:

> I've had reports of problems building docs with gtk-doc when
> srcdir != builddir, since gtk-doc uses hard-coded filenames
> for the MODULE.types file (and maybe others).
>
> Anyone know if this is really a problem and if so what the
> best solution is? (I'm not too good with build stuff.)
>
> One suggestion was to have a  '--with-types-file=yadda' option.
> Would that be enough? Are there any other files which may cause
> problems?
>
> (Do the GTK+ docs build OK with builddir != srcdir?)

The GTK+ docs do build basically OK with builddir != srcdir.

(Much of the output still goes into the srcdir, so one might
 not consider it completely OK.)

Thu Apr 12 17:57:12 2001  Owen Taylor  <otaylor redhat com>

	* gtkdoc-scangobj.in: Add a --outputdir option (sort of hacky.
	Need this because $CC, $LD can include relative paths if they
	are based on $LIBTOOL)

Was the final piece I needed to make it work.

Regards,
                                        Owen