GTK+/GLib docs plan
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: gtk-devel-list redhat com, gtk-doc-list redhat com
- Subject: GTK+/GLib docs plan
- Date: 13 Jun 2000 10:58:41 -0400
OK - here's my master documentation plan:
* We remove AM_PATH_GTK from gtk-doc's configure step. This way, gtk-doc
becomes a tool that requires GTK+/Glib to perform all the functions, but
it can be installed without them being present.
* For *-1.3, we move the glib-reference and gtk-reference packages into the
So, we have:
* We ship the built HTML and PS for the reference docs as part of the
tarballs but don't check them into CVS.
When building from CVS, if you don't have the tools (gtk-doc and
sgml stuff) installed, you simply won't get the reference docs.
People doing 'make dist' will need a functioning docbook build environment
* The docs for gdk-pixbuf will definitely be left inline. The docs for
GLib, GTK+, and GDK may or may not be moved inline.
* The tutorial and FAQ will be converted from linuxdoc to DocBook so
we don't depend on two separate (and mostly incompatible) SGML
] [Thread Prev