Re: Last few pieces of GTK+ documentation needed

Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> Hi *,=20
>
> Hmm, a bit quiet on this list, isn't it? Or do I have a problem with my=20
> mail system?

Yes, it is a quiet list.

> On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 10:04:04PM +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> >=20
> > We still need volunteers for a few sections of the GTK+ documentation:
> >=20
> >   General
>
> I would like to take this
>
> >   GtkWidget
>
> and this.=20

OK. I'll put you down on the list. Good luck with GtkWidget!
A lot of the General section is related to the main loop which is also
documented in Glib, so make sure you read that.

> But I have some issues with writing those. Looking at the available=20
> documentation there are often notes like "this is obsolete" or "deprecated".
> As I am not a core GTK+ developer (I would like to work on it but I am=20
> quite envolved in my Debian work already...) it is not clear to me from=20
> where I should derive such information.=20
>
> I looked at the source and found that there isn't even a comment "this is
> obsolete" or something. With CVS it should be really easy to get such=20
> a simple change into the repository - I can't understand why this is not=20
> done.
>
> So what can I do to educate myself (additional to digging the sources)?

I don't think there are many deprecated/obsolete functions. I think the main
loop stuff may be deprecated in favour of the GLib functions, but I'm not sure.

If anything is deprecated it should be commented in the header (or maybe source)
file. The ChangeLog also contains lots of useful snippets of info.

Damon