Re: Problem with 'make html' (fwd)

Lee Mallabone wrote:

> Here's more in the ongoing saga...
>
> I'm not actually getting any html filse from doing a 'make html',
> still... I'm still getting a load of errors, (which may be ignorable,
> admittedly), all along the line of the following:
>
> jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/html/dbttlpg.dsl:383:7:E:
> reference to undefined variable "normalize"
> jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/html/dbfootn.dsl:160:23:E:
> reference to undefined variable "normalize"
> jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/html/dbfootn.dsl:159:37:E:
> reference to undefined variable "normalize"

I've never seen this. Maybe you have an old version of Jade.
Did you get the RPMs from ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/home/rosalia/docware/ ?

Here's what I get:

~$ jade -v
jade:I: Jade version "1.2.1"
jade:I: SP version "1.3.3"

> and then the strang thing is that it appears to be outputting html to
> stdout, ie. i'm getting a load of stuff like the following:
>
> <DIV
> CLASS="REFNAMEDIV"
> >General &#8212; one line description goes here.</DIV
> ><DIV
> CLASS="REFSECT1"
> ><H2
> >Description</H2
> ></DIV
> ><DIV
> CLASS="REFSECT1"
> ><H2
> >Details</H2
> ><HR><DIV
> CLASS="REFSECT2"
> ><H3
> >GTK_PRIORITY_REDRAW</H3
> ></DIV

It does this when there's a problem with the stylesheet code.

> and so on... But it all dies at:
>
> /usr/local/bin/gtkdoc-mkhtml: index.sgml: No such file or directory
> make: [html] Error 1 (ignored)
> -(~/gtk-reference-1.1.0/gtk)>
>
> There's no index.sgml file with the gtk-reference distro that i have... Am
> I supposed to create one manually?

It's automatically created when jade is run usually, but since jade had
problems on your machine it wasn't.

Damon