Re: Problem with 'make html' (fwd)

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Damon Chaplin may have wibbled:

> As I wrote in a previous message, the 'reference to non-existent ID' errors
> can pretty much be ignored.
>
> The output looked fine to me. Did it create the html pages?
> (It takes several minutes).

Here's more in the ongoing saga...

I'm not actually getting any html filse from doing a 'make html',
still... I'm still getting a load of errors, (which may be ignorable,
admittedly), all along the line of the following:

jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/html/dbttlpg.dsl:383:7:E:
reference to undefined variable "normalize"
jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/html/dbfootn.dsl:160:23:E:
reference to undefined variable "normalize"
jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/html/dbfootn.dsl:159:37:E:
reference to undefined variable "normalize"

and then the strang thing is that it appears to be outputting html to
stdout, ie. i'm getting a load of stuff like the following:

<DIV
CLASS="REFNAMEDIV"
>General &#8212; one line description goes here.</DIV
><DIV
CLASS="REFSECT1"
><H2
>Description</H2
></DIV
><DIV
CLASS="REFSECT1"
><H2
>Details</H2
><HR><DIV
CLASS="REFSECT2"
><H3
>GTK_PRIORITY_REDRAW</H3
></DIV

and so on... But it all dies at:

/usr/local/bin/gtkdoc-mkhtml: index.sgml: No such file or directory
make: [html] Error 1 (ignored)
-(~/gtk-reference-1.1.0/gtk)>

There's no index.sgml file with the gtk-reference distro that i have... Am
I supposed to create one manually?

--
Lee.
http://atlas.cs.york.ac.uk/~lrpm100/

"Every turkey dies, not every turkey truly lives."
						-Chef.