Re: GTK+ ref docs - extra introductory sections

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Most of this stuff is in my book, which will be under a free license it
> appears. The book itself won't appear until late August or so, and most
> likely the electronic copy will appear at the same time - but, there will
> be a couple of "preview chapters" and they might happen to include this
> information. :-)
>
> There might be licensing problems with putting this text in the RDP
> stuff, I don't know - I'm sure other people can write better text about it
> anyway. But, just so you know that this exists (or in practical terms, so
> you know it will exist in a couple months).

I look forward to seeing it!
We still haven't sorted out the licensing stuff for the GTK+ docs, so I
don't know if we could include your work, even if your license said we could!

> If you wanted, you could put conceptual stuff in my book rather than the
> reference guide; it might be nicer, since I think the reference guide is
> intended to be included with books? I don't know. I think there's
> something to be said for separating the book-type stuff and the
> reference-type stuff.

I do think the sections belong in the reference guide, since they describe
fundamentals of GTK+ - objects, signals, layout, drawing, keyboard handling.

I'll have a go at a few of the sections, when I get a bit of time.
(If Owen wants to scribble some very brief notes to get me started, that
would be helpful!)

Damon