Re: Documentation layout suggestion

Damon Chaplin wrote:

> > Is there any way to add links to gnome widgets in the sgml? I'm guessing
> > not, seeing as the gnome docs URL(s) could change... Might be nice though to
> > have links to GnomeMessageBox in the "See also" section of GtkDialog, for
> > example.
>
> The script which fixes up cross-references doesn't support this at present,
> though I think we'll change that eventually.
>
> We need to think a bit about the installation of docs. People are starting to
> use gtk-doc for a number of modules, so we need to sort out where things get
> installed etc.

Would it be possible sometime in the future to combine the GTK+
and GNOME docs into a single module?  Wouldn't that make it
easier to use cross-referencing between the two API's?  Also, it
would make it easier to install everything in one fell swoop.
And finally, it seems like having everything together would
increase the profile of the documentation efforts for both GTK+
and GNOME.  One-stop shop, so to speak.

Is this possible, or have I been breathing too many exhaust
fumes?  (c:

John