Re: GitLab CI runners for non-Linux systems

Le mercredi 23 mai 2018 à 22:02 +0200, Christoph Reiter a écrit :
One big item missing in this list is MSVC. Since we already have a
Windows VM that does MSYS2 CI, is it possible to setup msvc on that
one
too, or does it require a VisualStudio licence, or something?

For the license, gvsbuild [0] builds on appveyor which uses the
community edition, so I think you can get by without a license.
For the MSYS2 CI, the server is a bit low on disk space (10-15GB of
40GB left) as I went for the cheaper one, and I don't want to push it
to the limit really.
But if someone knows how to build glib+deps with msvc and wants to
collaborate feel free to contact me.

[0] https://github.com/wingtk/gvsbuild

I gave a quick try in my Windows10 VM. You can install VisualStudio
community for free. At install I checked only "Desktop development with
C++" it takes about 3G of disk space.

Once installed, open the "x64 Native Tool ..." there I already had
python and git working. So "pip install meson", "git clone https://gitl
ab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib.git", also you need to download ninja prebuilt
it's just 1 executable you can put anywhere in your path. Then
"meson.py _build" and that's it, all deps are built from subprojects.

Here build failed with this error:
[115/514] Compiling C object glib/glib@@glib-2.0@sha/gslice.c.obj.
FAILED: glib/glib@@glib-2.0@sha/gslice.c.obj
cl @glib/glib@@glib-2.0@sha/gslice.c.obj.rsp
c:\users\xavier claessens\glib\glib\valgrind.h(463): fatal error C1189:
#error:  Unsupported compiler.

So work will be needed to make it actually work, but I don't think
that's going to be anything big. Having a CI doing that would
definitely help.

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.